WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Aug. 8, 2018) – Stadium Avenue (from McCormick Road to Northwestern Avenue) and Williams Street (east of Grant Street) will reopen by Sunday, Aug. 12, ahead of the original project schedule.
As the project moves into the final phase of construction, which will last from Aug. 12 through the end of November, the following roadways will be impacted:
New traffic restrictions/activities:
- A new roundabout is in place at Stadium Avenue and McCormick Road. Caution is urged as everyone adjusts to the new traffic pattern.
- Airport/McCormick Road from Third Street to U.S. 231 is restricted to southbound traffic only.
Traffic restrictions/activities already in place that will continue:
- McCormick Road from Westwood to Third Street is closed to traffic. Restricted access to Westwood residents and guests only will be available from the north.
- A new section of Williams Street is being constructed from Harrison Street to Grant Street. This area remains unavailable to traffic while work is underway.
- The following roads are open with lane restrictions in place: State Street (between U.S. 231 and Airport/McCormick Road), Harrison Street (from west of Marsteller Street to east of Grant Street) and Grant Street (south of Steely Street).
- Steely Street (just west of Grant Street) remains open to local traffic only.
- Intermittent preparatory/utility work along the 2018 project scope, as well as landscaping/finishing work along State Street (from U.S. 231 to Tapawingo Drive), continue and may result in brief lane restrictions.
The interactive construction map continues to be reviewed weekly and updated as appropriate. Pedestrians, bicyclists and motorists should obey all posted signs and use caution while traveling in these areas.
The community is encouraged to regularly visit www.statestreetwl.com for up-to-date project information. Community members may also sign up for Nixle alerts to receive emergency updates and traffic reminders via text message or email. Sign up by texting the West Lafayette zip code, 47906, to 888777 or by selecting "Alerts" on www.statestreetwl.com.
The State Street Redevelopment Project is a collaborative effort between the City of West Lafayette and Purdue University to improve quality of life by transforming State Street into a more desirable destination for the local community and visitors. For more information about the project, visit www.statestreetwl.com.