WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Feb. 26, 2018) – Road closures and traffic restrictions will be in place Monday, March 5, as the last year of construction begins on the State Street Redevelopment Project. As highlighted in the 2018 vehicular traffic plan, the following roadways will be impacted during the March 5 to May 13 timeframe:
- Stadium Avenue between McCormick Road and the Tarkington access road will be closed to traffic, including adjacent portions of David Ross Road.
- McCormick Road south of Fairway Lane to Westwood will be closed to traffic.
- Martin Jischke Drive, from just north of the Córdova Recreational Sports Center to Tower Drive, will be open to northbound traffic only with lane restrictions in place.
- State Street between U.S. 231 and Airport/McCormick Road will be open to traffic with lane restrictions in place.
- McCormick Road (from Cherry Lane to south of Fairway Lane), David Ross Road (just north of Stadium Avenue), both of the recreational center access roads (south of Stadium Avenue), the Tarkington access road (south of Stadium Avenue) and Waldron Street (south of Stadium Avenue) will be local access only.
- Additionally, intermittent preparatory and utility work will take place along the 2018 project scope, which could result in brief lane restrictions.
Pedestrians, bicyclists and motorists should obey all posted signs and use caution while traveling in these areas.
To help the community navigate this work, an interactive construction map will be available on www.statestreetwl.com. This map will show the conditions as of the start of this year’s construction and will be reviewed weekly and updated as appropriate. Each highlighted section of the map can be selected to learn more about work duration, scope and travel impacts.
Also available on www.statestreetwl.com is an updated version of the 2018 vehicular traffic plan which was originally shared with the public in December. The vehicular traffic plan highlights major traffic impacts through the end of November.
The community is encouraged to regularly visit www.statestreetwl.com for up-to-date project information. Community members may also sign up for Nixle alerts to receive emergency updates and traffic reminders via text message or email. Sign up by texting the West Lafayette zip code, 47906, to 888777 or by selecting "Alerts" on www.statestreetwl.com.